It is of best interest when dentists say that patients should schedule regular dental appointments, preferably every six months. It goes out to everyone and not only to people who have bad teeth. Even patients with a
- Before the cleaning begins, the dentist would first use a small metal probe with a mirror to check around the teeth and gums. If there are any problems detected, they may need to assess first if it is okay to proceed cleaning or if other measures should be done.
- A dental scaler will be used to remove plaque and tartar (hardened plaque) in between the teeth and around the gum line.
- Afterward, the dentist would use an electric brush for a deeper clean. The dental tool also gets rid of any particles missed by the scaler.
- The dental professional would then floss the teeth for a more thorough clean without missing any spots.
- The patient would them be advised to rinse their mouth to remove any debris left.
Teeth cleaning is a simple yet highly beneficial procedure. Although brushing, flossing, and mouth rinsing at home may seem to get the job done, they are merely not enough. Having a professional at Legacy Dental clean the mouth regularly can effectively get rid of harmful particles on the portions that are not easily accessed by a patient.
Tips to Make Teeth Cleanings More Pleasant
If cleanings can be uncomfortable or painful for a particular patient, here are some measures that can be taken.
- It is a good idea for a patient to take pain reliever one hour before and six hours after the cleaning appointment to manage pain and inflammations.
- Ask the dentist or a hygienist for anesthesia if necessary.
- Take oral hygiene practices at home to the next level. Invest in a tongue scraper and an electric toothbrush for a cleaner mouth. Healthier teeth mean that there is no need to scrape the teeth too much during cleanings.
- Use a desensitizing toothpaste daily to reduce tooth sensitivity.
- Avoid brushing the teeth vigorously since it can lead to sensitivity.
Get healthy, beautiful, and cavity-free teeth! Book a visit with us for your Teeth Cleanings in Albuquerque, NM under our Family Dental Care services. Contact us to schedule your appointment at Legacy Dental.