Not all are born with naturally beautiful teeth. Sad, but true! There are even those who are willing to spend thousands or even millions to have their teeth improved, making cosmetic dentistry one of the most in-demand procedures in the field of dental industry.
Cosmetic dentistry gives hope to people who wish to upgrade their smiles. It offers a variety of treatments such as chipped tooth repair, professional teeth whitening, and veneers which are all essential in improving one’s appearance. Legacy Dental is one of the leading family dentists in Albuquerque that offers these different kinds of procedures for our patients.
The result of the different cosmetic dentistry treatments is all reliable, effective, and long-lasting. However, one can always maximize its longevity by giving the right care. Here’s how:
For Chipped Tooth Repair (fillings, crowns, inlays, onlays, and dental implants)
- Avoid biting on hard foods or objects to keep the dental appliance used for restoration far from any possible damage.
- The materials used for prostheses vary, some are more susceptible to stains or chip while others are resistant. Make sure to observe proper care accordingly.
- The success of any dental treatment depends on how one takes care of it. Proper oral hygiene such as brushing and flossing will help keep the newly repaired tooth clean and healthy.
For Teeth Whitening
- Reduce or eliminate the consumption of tea, coffee, soda, soy sauce, and other intense-colored foods and beverages to prevent the of staining the newly whitened teeth.
- Toothpaste and mouthwash that has strong colors must not be used for 24 hours.
- Make sure to swish the mouth with water after eating or drinking to prevent the strong colors from settling on the teeth resulting to stains.
- Brush and floss with caution to avoid breaking the veneers, using a soft-bristled toothbrush work best.
- Avoid bad habits such as cigarette smoking, tobacco chewing, and excessive alcohol drinking as it might reduce the lifespan and aesthetics of the dental appliance.
- Seek professional assistance if there are indications of Bruxism (teeth grinding, jaw clenching) to get a custom-made night guard to prevent its adverse effects on the natural teeth and veneers.
The best way to get the most out of the cosmetic dentistry treatment is by implementing proper oral hygiene, eating habits, and consult a dental professional every six months for check-ups and cleanings. After all, maintaining a beautiful, white smile is a lifelong process.
Let us help you improve the appearance and form of your teeth! Book your appointment with us at Legacy Dental for your Cosmetic Dentistry needs in Albuquerque, NM. We are located at 5343 Wyoming Blvd NE Suite A, Albuquerque, NM 87109.